Application and Admissions Process
Our application process is now online! Apply here.
As you investigate Westlake as a possible school for your child, we welcome you to call our office or make an appointment to talk with our administrative staff and teachers and hear their vision for building up the next generation of Christian leaders. You are also encouraged to visit one of our Discover Westlake Open Houses. Please contact us with any questions.
Steps in the Admissions Process
Prior to formally applying, you are welcome to tour the school, make an appointment to discuss school programs, etc. Depending on the school calendar, the applicant may be invited to “shadow” (spend a day with us in the classroom).
To initiate the process, complete the online Application for Admission, which includes the following:
- Non-refundable application fee of $25 per student
- Birth Certificate
- Pastoral Recommendation Form (K-12)
- Principal/Teacher Recommendation Form (K-12)
- Records Request Form (K-12)
- Student Application (Grades 7-12)
- Student Commitment Form (Grades 7-12)
NEW SIBLING APPLICATION
Enrolling a sibling of a current student is similar to enrolling a new student. The application process is online:
- Sibling application (with $25 application fee)
- Birth certificate
- Records request form (K-12)
- Principal/Teacher recommendation (K-12)
- Student application & commitment for entering 7-12
- Interview for student only, for entering 7-12
NOTE: Applications will be processed after all the above information is submitted and the application is complete.
The application will be reviewed and parents of qualified applicants will be scheduled for an interview. For students entering grades 7-12, the applicant also will be interviewed. A final decision regarding admission will be made after the interview and the prospective family will be notified as soon as possible.
Upon acceptance to WCA, families will begin the enrollment process during which the registration fee will be paid, necessary information is collected, and a payment plan is established prior to starting school. The family will receive a Parent/Student Handbook and other information such as school dress code, hot lunch, school calendar, school supplies, etc.
Enrollment must be completed prior to the student’s first day of school.
To complete enrollment, the following forms must also be submitted:
- Financial agreement form
- All required medical documentation is required before school begins
- Ethnicity form
- Emergency Contact form
- Before/After Care Registration form (optional). For a description of this program, click here.
Since the academic standards at Westlake Christian Academy may be higher than those of other institutions, an achievement test may be given to new students to determine an appropriate grade placement. The school does not want to place undue stress on students who possibly would find the work too difficult due to improper grade placement.
Please contact us or call the Office at (847) 548-6209, if you have any questions.
The Board of Trustees has established the following guidelines for admissions to Westlake Christian Academy.
- The Administration is given the authority to admit qualified students to WCA.
- The processing of an application cannot be started without the receipt of all required application forms and fees.
- One or both parents must subscribe to the policies, procedures, philosophy, standards, and statement of faith of Westlake Christian Academy as outlined in admissions materials and the Parent/Student Handbook.
- Normally, a student may not be accepted who:
- has educational or emotional needs beyond our ability to meet those needs.
- has been arrested.
- has used drugs.
- smokes or has used tobacco for any period of time.
- has been dismissed or expelled from another educational institution.
- has run away from home.
- has not had at least the previous semester in good standing.
- lives a life that is inconsistent with the faithful and historical teachings of God’s Word.
- Children applying for the two-day Pre-School program must be 3 years of age by September 1, and 4 years of age by September 1 for the three-day Pre-K program. Children applying for admission to Kindergarten must be 5 years of age on or before September 1. Any child applying for First grade must be 6 years of age on or before September 1.
Westlake Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.