Every Friday this year, you can leave your uniform behind and don your favorite jeans and a nice top. Don’t forget, while you don’t have to wear your uniform, there is still a dress-code for Dress Down Days. Please be sure to read over the information in the student handbook regarding our dress-code (here is the link to the handbook if you’d prefer to read it online). Scroll down a bit to read some general guidelines regarding our dress-down dress code.
While this is an awesome option just for fun, it is actually an incredible giving opportunity for our students and families alike. Did you know that every Friday’s funds go to support either our Senior Class’ Mission Trip or our Student Council’s Events? It’s a win-win!
This year we’re also offering the convenience of paying for the full-year of Dollar Dress Down Days ahead of time. We have a total of 34 Dollar Dress Down Days, not including the FREE Days on the 5th Friday of every month. Feel free to still bring a dollar bill every Friday, but if you find yourself often scrambling for change in your car at drop off, perhaps you’d prefer to just pay for the whole year ahead of time. If so, click the link below and make your payment online. Your student(s) will then receive a Dollar Dress Down pass that they will need to show to their teacher every Friday to prove they’ve paid. We’ll also have a list of students who have paid in advance just for clarification purposes.
Want to pay for the whole year’s worth of Dollar Dress Down Days?Pay Here
Dollar Dress Down Days!
Students who choose to dress down are expected to turn in $1 to their classroom teacher at the beginning of the school day. All other students will be in regular school uniform.
In general, students may wear blue jeans, athletic pants, t-shirts, athletic shoes or flip-flops. Adhering to the following expectations can make these days fun and enjoyable for students and faculty.
- WCA standards for modesty always apply.
- Clothing must be neat and clean.
- Colored t-shirts with our without logos, etc., are acceptable.
- Shorts must be mid-thigh or longer (no short-shorts). Girls’ skirts/dresses to the top of the knee.
- No tank-tops or off-the-shoulder tops.
- Clothing which is ill-fitting, tight, baggy, saggy, patched, faded, tattered, frayed, or torn is in appropriate.
- Logos, icons, and messages on clothing which are contrary to biblical or WCA standards are not acceptable.
- For WCA Spirit Days ONLY: Hats, temporary spray-coloring of hair (not dyeing) or temporary face-painting is acceptable for the day (i.e. yellow or blue for school colors). These days will be announced in advance.
These guidelines may not address every style that might show up on Dress DOwn Days. It is our desire at WCA to teach discernment and responsibility to our students. To do so, we allow students to make choices within a framework such as this, trusting that they will choose wisely. However, should a style not be acceptable, the student will be asked to correct it.
Special Note to Parents: You have the final decision in allowing your child to participate in Dress Down Days. If you prefer that your child not participate we will support your decision and ask that your child follow the regular school uniform dress code.