This initiative provides more quality time for our teachers to collaborate on professional development. On these days, teachers arrive early and classes start 45 minutes late, allowing our Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) extra time to accomplish their objectives.
Late Start Drop-Off Guidelines
- Every Friday, school starts at 9:00 am for K–12 and 9:10 am for PS/PK.
- Half-day students should be picked up at Noon instead of 11:30 am.
- Full-day students in PS–12 should be picked up at their normal time (3:10/3:20).
- On all-school half days that fall on a Friday, the school day will end at 12:00 pm for all grades.
- Those parents who pay for Before Care may drop off their children at the normal time of 7:00–7:50 am. Our Before Care staff will provide the regular level of supervision for them. Drop-in Before Care is not available on Fridays.
- Supervision is available (at no extra charge) from 7:50–8:40 am for PS–6th, for families whose work schedules prevent dropping off after 8:40 am. We are no longer requiring a one-time registration for students who arrive on Friday mornings between 7:50–8:40.
- Secondary students who need to arrive before 8:40 due to parent work schedules should report to Room 3 on the lower level (7th & 8th) or the main hallway (9th–12th).
- Students who drive should arrive in the parking lot by 8:40 am.
- Kindergarten–12th grade students should arrive between 8:40–9:00 am.
- Preschool/Pre-K students who arrive between 8:40–8:50 may be dropped off at the main door. PS/PK students who arrive between 8:50–9:10 am should park and walk to the ramp of the ELC building. PS/PK starts at 9:10am on Fridays.
- Please follow the standard routes for drop-off. If you drop off before school staff is standing outside, please ring the buzzer and walk young students to the cafeteria.