This initiative provides more quality time for our teachers to collaborate on professional development. On these days, teachers arrive early and classes start 45 minutes late, allowing our Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) extra time to accomplish their objectives.
Late Start Drop-Off Guidelines
- Every Friday, school starts at 9:00 am for K–12 and 9:10 am for PS/PK.
- Half-day students should be picked up at Noon instead of 11:30 am.
- Full-day students in PS–12 should be picked up at their normal time (3:10/3:20).
- On all-school half days, the school day will end at 12:00 pm for all grades.
- Those parents who pay for Before Care may drop off their children at the normal time of 7:00–7:50 am. Our Before Care staff will provide the regular level of supervision for them. Drop-in Before Care is not available on Fridays.
- Supervision is available (at no extra charge) from 7:50–8:40 am for PS–6th, only for families whose work schedules prevent dropping off after 8:40 am. Space is limited, and a one-time registration is required (below).
- Kindergarten–12th grade students should arrive between 8:40–9:00 am.
- Preschool/Pre-K students who arrive between 8:40–8:50 may be dropped off at the main door. PS/PK students who arrive between 8:50–9:10 am should park and walk to the ramp of the ELC building. PS/PK starts at 9:10am on Fridays.
- Please follow the standard routes for drop-off. If you drop off before school staff is standing outside, please ring the buzzer and walk young students to the cafeteria.
Registration for Late Start Friday Supervision (7:50–8:40 am)
If your work schedule prevents dropping off after 8:40am on Fridays, please use this form to register for supervision (no extra charge). This form will reserve a space for your children every Friday morning.
If you are already registered for Before Care on Fridays, you do not need to submit this form. Drop-in Before Care (7:00–7:50) is not available on Fridays.