Westlake Christian Academy is a Christian school that partners with Christian families and their churches to provide a complete preschool-12th grade education. We look forward to meeting you and helping you discover if a Christ-centered education at Westlake is the right fit for your family.
As you investigate Westlake as a possible school for your child, we encourage you to contact us or attend one of our Discover Westlake Open Houses. Our Admissions Team will be happy to answer your questions and guide you through the admissions and enrollment process.
Our application is online, and the full admissions process is outlined below. Applications for the following school year will be accepted starting February 1st. We recommend applying early, as some grades fill quickly.
Westlake accepts applications throughout the school year. However, our deadline is August 1st if you would like your student to start school on time.
Important Admissions Dates
- Sibling priority window: currently enrolled families may apply for a new sibling.
- Sibling applications should be completed through your FACTS Family Portal Account.
- After January 31, available spaces are opened up to new families.
- Application opens for prospective families (@ 8am). Space is limited in many lower grades, and families are encouraged to apply on the day the application opens.
- Variable Tuition application opens for current and prospective families.
- Pre-K/Kindergarten Commitment form emailed to current families and available in the WCA app. Space is not guaranteed in either class, and families should submit their forms as soon as possible to ensure placement and schedule preference. Current families receive priority over new families until February 15.
- Pre-K Commitment deadline for current preschool families. Available spaces will be given to new applicants after this date.
- Kindergarten Commitment deadline for current Pre-K families. Available spaces will be given to new applicants after this date.
- Applications must be received by August 1st if you want to complete the admissions process prior to the first day of school.
We encourage you to contact our Admissions Team prior to submitting an application. You may request more information or attend an open house.
The application process is online. You will create a login and submit your application and documents through FACTS Online Application.
Your application will be processed by the school once all required forms and recommendations are received. This includes previous school records (1st–12th), a teacher recommendation (1st–12th), and a church recommendation (all grades). The church recommendation should be completed by someone who is employed by your church, such as a pastor or children’s ministry leader.
Students who are transferring into grades kindergarten and above will need to submit transcripts and test scores (within 12 months). These are usually requested by WCA and provided by your child’s prior school. If recent test scores are not available, WCA will provide an opportunity for placement testing prior to your family interview. Students who have been previously homeschooled should provide a transcript or detailed document listing curriculum and subjects covered.
A family interview (to include parents and students) will be scheduled once the application is submitted and all required forms and recommendations are received.
Westlake offers Variable Tuition, which is a need-based financial assistance program that matches your family’s tuition rate with your personal financial situation. Families may apply for Variable Tuition at any point in the admissions process. Your taxes must be completed in order to submit the Variable Tuition application, and it usually takes two weeks for applications to be processed.
Upon notification of acceptance, you will receive a financial agreement form that contains your tuition amount. If you applied for Variable Tuition, this form will be held by the school until the Variable Tuition process is complete and an award has been made. Financial Agreement forms may be returned to the school office our emailed to the school Business Manager, Mrs. Claudette Gearhart.
Online enrollment is the final step. You will receive an email with instructions. The online enrollment packet and registration fee must be submitted in order to finalize enrollment at Westlake. If the online enrollment packet is not submitted within two weeks, your space may be given to another student. Please contact the school if you need extra time.
Welcome to Westlake!
After completing your online enrollment, you will start receiving school communications in June. Please watch your inbox for “What’s Up @ Westlake” and “Principal’s Pulse”. New Family Orientation will be scheduled in August before school starts. Information will also be posted at westlakechristian.org/welcome.Request Information