If your child will be absent, please use the form below to report the absence by 8:00am. If you are reporting a student who is arriving late or leaving early, please call the office at 847-548-6209 ext 0 instead of completing this form.
Our attendance requirements will be more flexible for the 2020-21 school year. Please see our Student Handbook for absence and tardy policies (including the Covid-19 addendum).
Students who need to stay home due to Covid-19 symptoms, Covid-19 infection or Covid-19 exposure, will be able to join the class through Google Meet and keep up with their class work.
As of 8/19/2020, the CDC lists Covid-19 symptoms as the following (please visit CDC.gov for most current list of symptoms):
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
When to Stay Home:
- Students with a fever (100.4 or higher), respiratory symptoms, or Covid-19 symptoms of any kind will need to stay home.
- If a child develops a fever (100.4 or higher), respiratory symptoms, or any Covid-19 symptoms during the school day, they will need to be picked up immediately.
- Teachers with a fever (100.4 or higher) or Covid-19 like symptoms will need to stay home. When possible the teacher will be able to teach from home using google classroom, and students will still meet at school for instruction.
- UPDATE 8/17/2020 – If a student or teacher tests positive for Covid-19, the entire class will be required to quarantine for 14 days. If a student or teacher is home sick with suspected Covid symptoms, the rest of the household must stay home from school.
When to Return:
- If a student or teacher is sick, they will need to be fever free for 24 hours and at least 10 days from the start of symptoms before they return to school, OR provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test or a doctor’s note saying they may return to school.
- The entire household must stay home from school until an alternative diagnosis is made (doctor’s note required) or a negative Covid test result is received.
- If an alternative diagnosis (doctor’s note required) is made, the student must have been fever free (without the use of fever reducing medication) for at least 24 hours, as well as free of diarrhea or vomiting for at least 24 hours, and other symptoms must be improving. Household members without symptoms may return immediately.