Westlake’s Uniform Overview
Click the following accordion options to read through our dress code. The official providers of our school uniforms are both Lands’ End and French Toast. Clothing items may also be purchased through your favorite store, but they need to match the specifications outlined below. If you have any questions, please be sure to reach out to the office.
Uniform Dress Code Overview
Lands’ End and French Toast are providers of school uniforms that are in keeping with the WCA dress code.
Lands’ End: 800-469-2222 www.landsend.com/school School #: 900088386
French Toast: 800-373-6248 www.FrenchToast.com
- The primary responsibility for dress code falls on the parents and we ask that parents ensure their children’s clothing meets the dress code standard before they leave home. The complete dress code is found in the Parent-Student Handbook (footwear, hair, body art, outerwear, etc.)
- Each student must have at least one shirt or blouse with a WCA logo for field trips. Lands’ End is the only vendor with our logo artwork, so shirts with a logo must be purchased from L.E. When ordering from Lands End, be sure to use the school’s Preferred School Number (900088386).
- Dress code pants are chino style only. By that is meant: must have pockets built in, not stitched onto the outside of the pants; no cargo pants; seams are single stitched. No ornamentation of any kind. Refer to the Lands’ End website for chino style pants. Leggings/jeggings are not pants and therefore may only be worn under dresses or skirts of regulation length.
- *Cobalt Blue and *Maize Yellow are specific to Lands’ End and cannot be purchased through any other vendor.
- We recognize that the same styles may also be available from other sources. Only items that match in color and style from other sources are acceptable.
- The only sweaters and sweatshirts that students may wear in class are from the dress code list below.
- Clothing is to be neat and clean. Clothing which ill-fitting, tight, baggy, saggy, patched, faded, tattered, frayed or torn is inappropriate. Inappropriately tight clothing is defined as that which is body-form revealing.
|Polo shirts||White, Navy, Light Blue, Cobalt Blue* or Maize*||Long or short sleeves|
|Button-down shirts||White, oxford blue||Long or short sleeves|
|Turtlenecks||White, Navy, Cobalt Blue* or Maize*||regular or mock turtleneck|
|Sweaters||White, Navy, Maize*||Lands’ End ‘Drifter’ crewneck, v-neck, cardigan, vest, or fine gauge crew neck|
|Hoodies||Navy||ONLY through WCA or Lands’ End with logo|
|Polartec fleece||Navy or Cobalt Blue*||Lands’ End vest or jacket|
|Pants||Navy or Khaki||Chino style (see above)|
|Capri pants||Navy or Khaki||Chino style (see above)|
|Shorts||Navy or Khaki||Chino style (see above), mid-thigh or longer|
|Jumpers and Skirts||Navy, Khaki, hunter/classic plaid (L.E.) or green plaid (French Toast)||Length: at the top of the kneecap or longer|
|Skorts||Navy or Khaki||Length: at the top of the kneecap or longer|
The full dress code details can be found in our handbook online.
Dollar Dress Down Days
School spirit and fun is an important part of learning so we have designated Dollar Dress Down Days for students and faculty! All of the money collected for “dressing down” will support the annual Senior Mission Trip and Student Council.
Students who choose to dress down are expected to turn-in $1 to their classroom teacher at the beginning of that school day. All other students will be in regular school uniform.
Every Friday is a Dollar Dress Down Day.
In general students may wear blue jeans, athletic pants, t-shirts, athletic shoes or flip flops. Adhering to the following expectations can make these days fun and enjoyable for students and faculty.
- WCA standards for modesty always apply.
- Clothing must be neat and clean.
- Colored t-shirts with or without logos, etc., are acceptable.
- Shorts must be mid-thigh or longer (no short shorts). Girls’ skirts/dresses to the top of the knee.
- Leggings/jeggings are not pants and therefore may only be worn under dresses or skirts of regulation length. Yoga pants are not acceptable for school attire at any time.
- Tank tops, off-the-shoulder tops, and white undershirts are not acceptable.
- Clothing which is ill fitting, tight, baggy, saggy, patched, faded, tattered, frayed or torn is inappropriate. Inappropriately tight clothing is defined as that which is body-form revealing.
- Logos, icons and messages on clothing which are contrary to biblical or WCA standards are not acceptable.
- For WCA spirit days only: Hats, temporary spray coloring of hair (not dyeing) or temporary face painting is acceptable for the day (i.e. yellow or blue for a WCA spirit day). These days will be announced in advance.
These guidelines may not address every style that might show up on Dress Down Days. It is our desire at WCA to teach discernment and responsibility to our students. To do so, we allow students to make choices within a framework such as this, trusting that they will choose wisely. However, should a style not be acceptable, the student will be asked to correct it.
Special note to Parents: you have the final decision in allowing your child to participate in Dress Down Days. If you prefer that your child not participate we will support your decision and ask that your child follow the regular school dress code.
Due to COVID 19 concerns, we can only accept donations that have been freshly laundered and are brought to us in a sealed bag. All donations must be received by June 30.
Uniform items for donation may be brought to the school during summer office hours. Please be sure to schedule a time to drop off your items in the office by calling or emailing.
Resale Shopping Appointments
In order to limit the number of people in the building and maintain social distancing, please sign up for a two-hour shopping window. You may shop any time during your selected time slot. When you arrive to shop, please call the office from your car prior to entering the building.