Westlake Christian Academy is committed to a strong spiritual and academic discipleship program within an educational setting.
WCA has needs in the following areas:
- Teach the kindergarten curriculum.
- Produce associated lesson plans, maintain curriculum mapping, provide adequate assessment, and maintain accurate, timely grade records
- Participate in annual parent conferences and be available as needed to confer with students and parents concerning student learning challenges.
- Be engaged in ongoing professional development.
- Teach general music classes to grades 1 through 6, two (2) 35-minute classes per week for each grade with 15 minutes for preparation for each.
- Prepare for three (3) concerts for the year. Those are two in December and one in May.
- Work with band director to develop high school choir.
- Six 35-minute class periods per week of art instruction plus 25 minute setup/cleanup.
- Instruction should be project-based and published for the school community.
- Responsible for budgeting for, supplying, and maintaining teaching area.
Substitute Teachers (immediate & ongoing)
For further information about any posted position, contact Westlake at email@example.com
Downloadable application and reference forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
The following is a profile of a Westlake Christian Academy faculty/staff member:
- A born-again Christian with a mature walk of faith, whose lifestyle, convictions, and beliefs are in line with Biblical mandates, and with the Holy Spirit of God.
- A person who is faithful in attendance and is actively involved in his or her own local evangelical church.
- A person who is able to clearly articulate the Biblical components of salvation, citing appropriate Scripture passages, and who is able to lead a child to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- A person who is in agreement and supportive of the school’s Statement of Faith and Standards of Conduct.
- A person who is committed to the tenets of the philosophy of Christian school education.
- A person who understands the school’s Mission Statement: “To provide for Christian families a Christ-centered education that disciples our students to honor Jesus Christ in thought, word, and deed.”
- A person who is willing to complete an application and participate in an interview.
- A person who recognizes God’s call for service on his or her life.
- A person who possesses Christ-like qualities.
- A person who possesses a skill-set complementing the position.
If you are interested in being a member of the WCA ministry team and believe you fit this profile, please submit a completed application to the WCA office. Applications will not be assessed until all items below are received.