We want to hear your story of why Westlake means so much to you! Please record a short video and submit it by April 20th so that we can all “see” each other during the online Celebrate Westlake event.
In order to get the best quality video, please follow these guidelines:
- Videos should be horizontal orientation, not vertical (if recording on a phone, turn it sideways).
- Whatever you choose to record with (computer, cell phone, iPad, camera) please be sure it is resting on something stable. DO NOT HOLD THE DEVICE, as in a selfie video, as that will have lots of shake. Position the camera to be at face-height (it’s the most flattering angle), not below you or above you.
- When possible, stand facing near a window – this will give you the best possible lighting. If that’s not possible, stand somewhere with the least background distraction – a blank wall or an area of your home which doesn’t have clutter or too many “lines”
- Follow the rule of thirds — pretend your screen is cut in 3s, both vertically and horizontally. Whoever is recording, should make sure the subjects face is in the top third of the screen whether on the right or left.
- Wear simple clothing – no crazy stripes or patterns (sometimes these get distracting or the video will distort it).
- Please speak clearly, make sure there are no background noises, and speak slightly louder than you think necessary. We can always adjust the volume down, but increasing volume isn’t possible.
- Videos can be individuals or families.
- Stand or sit up straight — no slouching.
- Press record and take a deep breath, looking straight at the camera, count to two in your mind, then begin speaking. At the end of your video, please do the same (look at the camera, smile, and count to two) before ending the video.
- Start by introducing yourself and tell us your grade and how long you have been part of Westlake.
- You can just say “hi” to all of your friends at Westlake, or you can take an extra minute to let us know how Westlake has impacted your life.
- Each video should between 30 seconds and two minutes.
Send your completed videos to email@example.com. Thank you!